Founded in 1998 by Hadassah, The Women’s Zionist Organization of America (HWZOA), the Hadassah Foundation was established to bring increased attention and resources to issues pertaining to women and girls and promote gender equity in Israel and the United States. The foundation has awarded $11 million to 110 organizations and programs. The foundation is at an exciting and pivotal time in its history, aiming to double its grantmaking and grow its influence in the field of Jewish women’s philanthropy. For additional information, visit hadassahfoundation.org.
The Administrative Assistant, Hadassah Foundation performs a variety of administrative and customer-service tasks, assists with program logistics, including grantmaking processes, and supports our marketing and communications efforts. The Administrative Assistant will work closely with the team to ensure that each assigned project is successfully executed and completed. This is a hybrid position, working in our Manhattan office two days a week and at home three days a week.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to email and occasional phone inquiries from grantseekers, grantees, board members, donors, and others; direct queries to the appropriate staff member as needed.
- Handle online and in-person meeting and event logistics such as: book conference rooms; manage registration/RSVPs; coordinate AV needs; arrange catering, travel, and lodging; assist with set-up and break-down, and draft meeting notes.
- Maintain master calendar of foundation events, meetings, deadlines, and other important dates.
- Help manage the director’s calendar.
- Order and maintain office supplies.
- Communicate with the HWZOA Finance Department to initiate grant payments and other expenses (such as payments to consultants, reimbursements, invoices)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Data Entry and Record Keeping
- Record and track incoming donations.
- Prepare donor acknowledgement letters in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Retrieve information as requested from records, email, minutes, and other related documents.
- Help create and maintain electronic and/or physical filing systems and databases.
- Work with the Assistant Director to update the foundation’s website, prepare e-blasts, and schedule posts on social media.
- Help to create and to maintain an electronic library of photos and videos.
Required Knowledge, Education, Experience
- Minimum Associates Degree or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 1-3 years of relevant administrative experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software and experience working with CRM/database systems.
- Basic understanding of clerical procedures and systems such as recordkeeping and filing.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects, meet deadlines and sufficiently prepare for programs, meetings, and events.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Good organizational skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize, attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a close-knit team.
$40,000.00 to $55,000.00 annually. Extensive benefits package includes health insurance coverage, paid vacation days