Part-Time – 18 Hours/Week
Founded in 1998 by Hadassah: Women’s Zionist Organization of America (HWZOA), the Hadassah Foundation was established to bring increased attention and resources to issues pertaining to women and girls and promote gender equity in Israel and the United States. The foundation has awarded $11 million to 110 organizations and programs. The foundation is at an exciting and pivotal time in its history, aiming to double its grantmaking and grow its influence in the field of Jewish women’s philanthropy. For additional information, visit hadassahfoundation.org.
The Administrative Assistant, Hadassah Foundation conducts day-to-day administrative activities, records incoming donations, and assists with programs and events. The Administrative Assistant will work closely with the team to ensure the implementation and conclusion of each assigned project is consistent with the foundation’s strategies, commitment, and goals.
- Help prepare materials and draft correspondence.
- Create and maintain electronic and/or physical filing systems.
- Handle meeting and event logistics that may include: book conference rooms; coordinating AV needs; arrange catering, travel, and lodging; assist with set-up and break-down, and draft meeting notes.
- Work, as needed, in collaboration with the HWZOA legal, finance, and donor processing departments.
- Maintain master calendar of foundation events, meetings, and important dates.
- Help coordinate and schedule the calendar of the director.
- Order and maintain office supplies.
- Welcome and provide information to people who interact with and/or communicate with the foundation. This may include people who: come into the office, call via phone or video conference, or email the foundation’s general mailbox.
- Preforms other related duties as assigned.
Data Entry and Record Keeping
- Record and track incoming donations and pledges.
- Prepare donor acknowledgement letters in a timely fashion.
- Retrieve information as requested from records, email, minutes, and other related documents.
Education and Experience
- Minimum Associates Degree or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 1-3 years of relevant administrative experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic understanding of clerical procedures and systems such as recordkeeping and filing.
- Demonstrate ability to meet deadlines and sufficiently prepare for programs, meetings, and events.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a close-knit team.