Hadassah Foundation is Seeking a Program Coordinator
Full Time Regular
New York, NY, US
The Program Coordinator conducts the day-to-day administrative activities, including tracking incoming donations, and assisting with programs and events. This position reports to the Director of the Hadassah Foundation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- First point of contact for people interacting with the organization: meet & greet visitors coming into the office, calling via phone, and emailing the Foundation general mailbox, in a warm and professional manner, and direct them to the Director when appropriate.
- Conduct administrative tasks for the grantmaking process: help prepare the request for proposal, organize received grant proposals, schedule committee meetings, notify applicants of decisions, administer grant payments, and ensure the timely receival of grant reports.
- Handle logistics for board meetings, including booking conference rooms, AV, supplies, catering, travel, and lodging.
- Coordinate and prepare board and committee meeting materials and distribute electronic and printed files to members.
- Draft and prepare correspondence including letters, emails, contact lists, mailing labels, and utilizing mail merge when necessary.
- Maintain internal and external calendars of events, meetings, and important dates.
- Record notes and coordinate follow-up activities for meetings.
Program and Operations
- Assist in the coordination of fundraising events, educational programs, and special projects.
- Make updates to the website and regularly share content on the Foundation’s social media accounts.
- Handles administration of billing and interacts with vendors.
- Work in collaboration with the Hadassah legal, finance, and data processing departments as needed.
- Maintain regular communication with board members, donors, grantees, and organization partners.
Donation and Database Management
- Record and track incoming donations and pledges.
- Prepare donor acknowledgement letters in a timely fashion.
- Input necessary information into donor database and update as needed.
- Pull reports from the database to further the Foundation’s development goals.
Education or Experience
- Minimum B.A. or equivalent and 0-3 years of experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills required to work with donors, professionals in various fields, and grantee partners
- Good written and communication skills
- Detail oriented, ability to multitask, and comfortable working independently and with a team
- Strong computer, internet, and social media skills required, experience with HTML, WordPress, and database administration a plus
- Knowledge of American Jewish community, Israel, gender issues, grantmaking and/or the Hebrew language a plus.
Background on The Hadassah Foundation
The Hadassah Foundation invests in social change organizations that empower women and girls in Israel and the United States. As one of the largest Jewish women’s funds in the United States, The Hadassah Foundation has awarded $10.5 million in grants to over 110 non-profit organizations since its founding in 1998.Established by Hadassah: Women’s Zionist Organization of America (HWZOA), the Hadassah Foundation is supporting organization of HWZOA that was started with the goal of refocusing the priorities of the Jewish community through innovative and creative funding to improve gender equality in the United States and Israel. For more information go to www.hadassahfoundation.org.