HOW WE DO IT
We envision a world in which women are working with and across communities to inspire and drive economic, social, and political equality for all people. We accomplish our goals through grantmaking with a gender lens, supporting organizations that build upon the unique strengths, perspectives, and experiences of women and girls. In turn, we create lasting social change, transforming individual lives, institutions, public policies, and entire communities.
- Learn more about our grantmaking.
- See highlights of our strategic plan.
- Read about our trust-based philanthropy.
The Hadassah Foundation was established by Hadassah, The Women’s Zionist Organization in 1998 to refocus the priorities of the Jewish community through innovative and creative funding to improve gender equality in the United States and Israel.
Today, the Hadassah Foundation is a leader in advancing gender equity in Israel and the United States through collective giving, relationship building, and education. We have awarded more than $10 million in grants to nearly 110 nonprofit organizations that work with women and girls of all backgrounds in Israel and in the Jewish community in the United States.
Our grants and programs:
- Support the leadership advancement of women and girls,
- Break glass ceilings to allow women and girls opportunities to succeed in all spheres of life,
- Increase female political representation, and
- Eliminate religious barriers that create unequal or separate playing fields for women.